We at Umbrella Realty respect your privacy. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect varies according to whether you are an actual or prospective vendor, purchaser, landlord or tenant and may include:
- Your name, address and contact details
- Your marital status and number of children
- Your property needs and preferences
- The address and description of any property you own
- Your current and previous employment
- Your driver’s licence number
- Your rental record and condition of the property you are renting
- Information held about you on tenancy databases
What do we do with personal information we collect?
We collect personal information from actual and prospective vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants to:
- fulfil our obligations under Agency Agreements
- inform prospective purchasers of suitable properties
- maintain the security of properties which we show at Open for Inspections
- send out direct marketing materials
- seek potential clients
- provide market appraisals
- verify identity
- process tenancy applications
- manage tenancies
- In order to carry out our duties as Agents, we may disclose some or all of this information to
- potential purchasers or vendors, landlords or tenants
- media organisations
- the public generally via the Internet
- existing and future clients of Evansdale realty
- parties engaged to evaluate the property, for example building inspectors
- owners’ corporations
- government and statutory authorities
- valuers and financial institutions
- third parties as required by law
- other agents
- operators of tenancy databases
We only disclose enough information to fulfil the specific purpose for which we collected it.
For further information:
We would be happy to provide any further information about the use of your personal information or to discuss any concerns you may have. Please contact Celestine Pfuhl, on (08) 9779 9990.
In addition you may access your personal information at any time to see whether it is accurate and up-to-date, and request changes if it is not.
Please note that privacy principles do not apply to employee records of our present and former employees.