Listing ID #2446
- Property Type: For Sale
- Size: 1062sqm
- 3 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 4 Garage spaces
Be a part of Bunbury’s History with this 3 Bedroom Cottage
$670,000 – $700,000
This stunning 3 Bedroom home is filled with character and a story to tell. The property is not only functional but also located in prime Bunbury real estate. You can expect all of the classic features of an early 1900’s build such as high ceilings, wooden floorboards, solid jarrah doors, wooden window frames, wooden beams and large room sizes.
As you enter through the enchanting front garden you can instantly feel English cottage as you are greeted by the three-tier water feature and the front porch. The Curlewis 1915 sign on the Porch is just the beginning of the story. E.G. Cohen (a prominent local architect from the early 1900’s) designed the property and it was built by J. G. Hough for Captain C.L. Curlewis. The stain glass window as you enter with Jarrah doors and fittings you just don’t see today.
As you enter the main living and formal dining area there is a unique inglenook with pews on either side of the fireplace – a fantastic feature. The beams on the ceiling were originally salvaged from the Bunbury Whaling Station which was located at Koombana Bay. The living area is spacious and has a stunning Bay window allowing in ample light. The Kitchen is large with cottage style cupboard trims and woodwork there is even a dishwasher and ironing board hidden in the cupboards. The stovetop is a Falcon 5 cooktop gas top and there is also a detailed tile work embracing it. There is enough space off the kitchen to have an eat in kitchen area. The Main bedroom has double sized built-in wardrobes, a separate room which has the potential to become an ensuite or walk in robe. It has direct access to the porch for a little parents retreat.
The second bedroom has a cute little window to the enclosed rear verandah and is large in size. The rear verandah was converted into an extra study off which there is a third bedroom. The rear garden is large with a 4 car garage with a drive through driveway – perfect for Boat storage or that Man Cave. The block continues beyond with another garden behind, currently home to some very happy chickens.
Property Features Include:
- High Ceilings, Jarrah Doors and Frames, Bay Window, Stainless Glass Window;
- Stunning English cottage gardens and Porch;
- Design by E. G. Cohen and built by J. G. Hough in the early 1900’s;
- Feature Beams salvaged from the old Whaling station;
- Feature inglenook fireplace with Pews either side;
- 3 Bedroom and Study;
- Large block 1,062sqm block;
- Cottage style kitchen with floating island bench, dishwasher, double bowl porcelain sink, Falcon 5 Cooker Gas Cooktop and Stove;
- Older style bathroom large in size;
- Large Bedrooms, main with large double built-ins and option for ensuite;
- Large fully fenced yard with covered patio area and 4 car garage.
- Air Conditioning
- Hardwood Flooring
- Indoor Fireplace
- Light Fixtures
- Patio Deck
- Sprinkler System
- Water Heater
Share this listing